If you are short of time or simply do not want to trek to Machu Picchu, this 2-day trip by train is a package, a good option for you, Including return transport, hotel in “Aguas Calientes”, entrance fee, and guided tour of Machu Picchu.
DURATION: 2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT
AVAILABILITY: THE WHOLE YEAR.
RECOMMENDED FOR: ALL PEOPLE
BEST SEASON: FROM APRIL TO OCTOBER
US$ 320.00 per person
US$ 299.00 per person (for students with a valid ISIC card)
**In addition to the tour price, you must purchase a tourist ticket. A full tourist ticket costs S/.130 or S/.70 for students with a valid ISIC card. The full tourist ticket is valid for 10 days and allows entrance to the majority of the Inca sites around Cusco and the Sacred Valley.
** If you would like to book your ticket to climb the Waynapicchu mountain, then it has an extra cost of US$ 65.00 per person (adults), US$ 40 USD (students)
- Touristy bus on the Sacred Valley tour and shared transport on the way back to Cusco.
- Train tickets (expedition service) from Ollanta to “Aguas Calientes” and Ollanta
- Hostel in “Aguas Calientes” with private bathrooms, hot water and luggage storage for while you are visiting Machu Picchu.
- 2 meetings: before your departure for the tour and with Machu Picchu guide the night before you will visit it.
- Basic Continental Breakfast at the hostel in “Aguas Calientes”.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- 2-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu in English.
- Other meals like Lunch or dinner in “Aguas Calientes” or lunch at the Sacred Valley (24 soles).
- Optional bus from “Aguas Calientes” to Machu Picchu (12.50 USD each way).
- Tourist ticket (130 soles the 10-day ticket and 70 soles for just 1 day).
We recommend that you take
- Tennis shoes or trainers
- Long trousers, sweater and a rain jacket just in case
- Long-sleeved T-Shirt, lightweight clothes for sunny days in Machu Picchu (the sand flies will eat you alive otherwise)
- Insect Repellent
- Camera with charger (can be recharged in the hostel).
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Personal first aid kit / medications.
- Water bottle.
- Light backpack.
- Flashlight if you plan to walk up to Machu Picchu early to get a pass for Wayna Picchu.
- Original passport.
- Student ISIC card (if applicable –without this card you won’t get the student discount from Machu